top of page

The Peyton Lab is Currently Hiring!

The Peyton lab is currently hiring!


The Peyton lab is moving to Tufts University in July of 2024!  See the Tufts BME graduate student page to learn more about applying to Tufts and to become part of the team.


If you are interested in a post-doc position in the Peyton lab, please contact Dr. Peyton directly with your CV and research interests. Post-docs are accepted based on interest and funding availability.  


The Peyton lab is moving to Tufts University in July of 2024! Unfortunately that means we can no longer accept any new UMass undergraduates to the lab. If you are a Tufts student looking for research opportunities starting in the Fall of 2024, please see follow these steps to apply for a research position in the Peyton lab:

1. Look through the Research section.

2. Send Dr. Peyton an email that includes: (A) Your current resume, (B) a 500 word description of your research interests and why you are interested in working in the Peyton lab, and (C) a brief statement including your availability to work in the lab from now until your projected graduation date, and how many hours you are willing and able to work in the lab per week.

  • Undergraduates are continually accepted into the lab based on qualifications, project availability, interests, and space.

  • REQUIREMENT: During the school semester, undergraduates are required to commit at least 10 hours per week in the lab.

  • Undergraduates can receive course credits during the school year to work in the lab (3.3 hours per week = 1 credit), or they can be paid through work study if eligible.

  • During the summer, undergraduates can be paid to work in the lab if we can mutually find an extramural funding source to cover your stipend during the summer months. 

Are you an undergrad looking for funding?  Check out to look for NSF-funded REU sites.

bottom of page